Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Are You Ready For Some Football!"

Today, I have many things on my mind, and so this post will be quite random. Please bear with me.

Last night we watched my cousins and went out for pizza. While the girls were off enjoying themselves in the video game section, I looked up at the TV and there IT was. No, it can't be! No, not yet, there's still more time left! Please, NO! That's right. It was a football game. Apparently it was a pre-season game, and the real season starts next month. It feels like the season just ended. And yet its here again, just like it always is. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching a football game here and there and going to a game is fun. But here's what I don't like: football festivities. Football will literally dominate every conversation we (Jesse and I, but more Jesse) have with others, and after awhile this gets boring.

Okay, okay, Football rant is over. Next rant: The game of LIFE. Now, last night we played this game with my cousins. Is it just me, or are we training the youth that all their is in life is: college, career, marriage, buy a house, family, money and then retirement. As I ventured my little car of myself, a husband and a little boy, I felt as though I was making life changing decisions so rapidly, then before I knew it, I was at retirement estates, ready to die! I sure hope that I get more out of life than that. What about traveling, spirituality, friendships, enjoying youth, choosing NOT to get married, choosing NOT to have kids? What if someone doesn't want to have a career? Instead it was a straight shot of college -> career -> marriage -> family -> retirement. In the end of the game, you add up all your money and whoever is the richest is the one that wins?! So money = happy retirement/satisfying life? Oh no, no, no. Clearly the makers of LIFE have not fully thought out the impressionable youth they are marketing to. But even still, I love playing this game and would play it again in a heartbeat.

Next annoyance: People that move like turtles. For instance, the other day, I was in a terrible rush and I ventured into Coffee Bean to grab some tea for the road. A man is standing there, still trying to decide what he wants. Since he was there first, I allowed him to go in front of me. He finally orders something, takes FOREVER to get the money out of his wallet, then when the lady asks "for here or to go?" he takes another 45 seconds to decide!! Then, he watches the lady making his bagel and asks her questions about the bagel, then when he receives his change, he takes another 1 1/2 minutes to put the money perfectly back into his wallet, and then just stands there for another couple seconds. Then the lady making my drink is talking on the phone, so she's moving super slowly, AND to top it off, she serves the lady who was in back of me, first! I had it, I walked out more grumpy and impatient than ever. I guess I just have to work on that whole patience thing :) Maybe when I have my puppy, that will help! (Jesse: Let's hurry it up on the puppy thing!)

My husband remarked to me last night to be careful not to over-rant and sound like a bitter person. Please believe me, I am not. I am quite happy with life and enjoying it. A good few rants now and then never hurt anyone :)

12 comments:

  1. No, no! Not hunting animals. Its just a phrase, it means nothing. Stop reading into things so much =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read between the lines on the football comments! Just tell me to not talk about it and I will TRY to talk about something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said it's not about YOU! Although you and Jesse are notorious for this. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I at times have had similar rants. I may have to allow my inner thoughts about things to vent as well. It feels good to share. Right? Hmmmmm, the puppy thing! Have fun with that. I hug my "maxers" multiple times every day. I just love that boy. I also understand about TURTLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and the football thing. I enjoy football WITHIN reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chacha- post pictures of Maxers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't played LIFE in forever, but don't you get more money for each kid you have? How realistic is that? Having kids COSTS money, not earns money. If they gave you money I might be more tempted to have one. :-)
    (Kidding...only kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, dont worry Shannon, I'm in the same boat. Its cats & pups for people like us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know I'm not alone. Out here in babyland (a.k.a suburbia) I am an endangered species.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I totally feel you on that. But sadly you and I suffer from a severe lack of patience haha

    ReplyDelete